My Blog List

Monday, October 1, 2012

Quinoa Pancake/Dosa

Quinoa pronounced as keen-wah is a very healthy whole grain.It provides all 9 essential amino acids and hence is an excellent source of protein and calcium
I have always had it in a salads and loved it but was dreading to cook it as I never managed to cook couscous properly.
A good friend of mine suggested me this recipe and to my surprise this turned out awesome.So this is now part of our regular breakfast  due to its health benefits

Ingredients
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup  grated carrot(optional)
- salt as required
- oil as required

Recipe
- soak quinoa atleast for 4-5 hrs and grind to a batter similar to pancake/Dosa batter
- mix salt, onions, chillies, carrot and coriander leaves to the batter
- heat a non stick pan and spread some oil on it(I used no stick cooking spray)
- pour some batter on the pan and spread it to make thick pancake/dosa
- flip on the other side and cook it till it turns brown


No comments:

Post a Comment