My Blog List

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Tori aur lobia ka Mel

Tori ya Ridgegaurd or beerakaya is? Was one of my least favorite vegetable.My husband never liked it either until I made t his recipe.
I fell in love with this vegetable when I first tasted it in India which was made by aunt.
Ever since I cook it regularly and is now a favorite of my husband as well.
Well that is because of the mystery ingredient lobia or black eyed peas.
So all those folks who hate tori gotto try this combo and share your views.

Ingredients

- 3 medium sized tori sliced into small cubes
- 1 cup lobia soaked over night
- 3 green chillies
- salt as required
-  1/4 tsp turmeric power
- 1/4 cup methi leaves ( optional)
- corriander leaves for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp each cumin, mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- few curry leaves
- 1 Tbsp oil

Recipe

- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard, cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Now add methi leaves ,green chillies,curry leaves, turmeric powder and fry for a min
- Add tori cubes and mix all ingredients well.Mix. in the lobia and fry them for 2-4 mins
- Add salt, chilli powder and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid and cook for 20 mins by stirring in between or until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment