My Blog List

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Low fat Eggless Mango Cake

I happened to eat mango cake at one of my friends place during a summer barbecue party.I was hesitating to eat it but to my surprise it tasted very good.Ever since I wanted to give it a try and found this recipe
image
eggless mango cake
Ingredients
1 cup fresh mango puree(I used store bought mango puree)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup semolina/sooji/rava (fine)
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup yogurt
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
Pinch of salt
Raisins/nuts(optional)
Method
Preheat oven to 350F and grease a baking tray.
Sift all purpose flour , baking soda,baking powder, salt and keep aside.
Blend together yogurt, mango puree, sugar, oil, cardamom powder.
Combine all dry and wet ingredients together.
Fold in raisins/nuts of your choice
Pour the batter in the greased baking tray
Bake the cake for 35-40 mins or until golden brown
Cool the cake and slice it

No comments:

Post a Comment