My Blog List

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Chicken Seekh Kabab

It was love at first bite when I first ate  chicken seekh kabab six years ago at a fine Indian restaurant.I always wondered what would the recipe be for this yummy appetizer.
Recently I ate the best tasting kabab at my friends place and borrowed the recipe from her.
Thank you aditi for this wonderful recipe
image
chicken seekh kabab
Ingredients
1 lb ground chicken
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt as per taste (1/2 tsp)
1 tsp garam masala(see notes)
2 tsp thick yogurt
1 tbsp oil
3 green chillies finely chopped
2 tsp fried onions(see notes)
Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 tsp Besan/gramflour for binding
Juice of 1/2 lime
Method
Mix all the ingredients well and make sure it is a thick paste.add extra besan if the mixture is soggy.
Cover it with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for atleast 2 hrs( you can marinate it overnight as well)
image
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Make kabab’s using the marinated chicken mix using your hands and place them on a greased baking tray
image
let the kababs cook for 35-40 mins.
Turn the kababs upside down and cook them for another 10 mins or until brown
image
Notes
Garam masala: use any store bought or home made garam masala.I used mdh chana masala.However Shan kabab masala would be best
Fried onions: I used store bought fried onions from my pantry.Else just finely chop half onion and fry them in a pan till they turn translucent

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.steaks.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 4,000 unique daily visitors to Steaks will too.
    By joining Steaks.com, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.steaks.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information.
    Order Online Food Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, this looks delicious! Thanks for sharing. I think I just found my breakfast for tomorrow…
    Chowranghee Lane Rajender Nagar

    ReplyDelete